Monday, December 27, 2010

Lullaby

He has the glow of something new from heaven. His eyes are deep and I wonder what he has seen before he reached our arms. Does he dream of those sights? Are they a fading memory?
My grandson sent on his way from heaven with a kiss I am sure, from his great grandpa to his first grandchild who stole his heart.

Nine little words from a daughter,"There's someone here who would like to meet you." brought tears of joy and amazement at His goodnes and the mystery of life.

He is beautiful. He is a part of the past, present and future. He is a gift.He is innocence. He is love. He is joy. He is ours to hold and nurture.

This world is scary. It's the oposite of where he came from. He renews my hope. He rekindles my want of a better world for him. He stirs the longing to protect him from hurt. He awakens the childlike wonder and excitement of sharing with him beauty.

He is hope. He is love.
May he grow strong this wee lad. May he grow to know God. May he know peace and love and share it with a world that desperatly needs it.

A lullaby for my grandson-I love you my dear.

Peace,
Nana


5 comments:

  1. "He has the glow of something new from heaven." ohh...what a wondrous being wee babes are! Amazing gifts, our grand babies are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful...yes he is...babies always bring me hope as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, congratulations. Babies, sweet-smelling and perfect...there's nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth... ruth. i love this. these are the thoughts i had when i had aiden. these are the thoughts i know i'll have for the heaven-sent one within. and this song, it's making me cry. what a gorgeous cover. your taste in music blows me far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother used to day that every new baby was renewed hope for the world. Lovely posts. So uplifting! Thank you. I'm glad to have found you today. :)

    ReplyDelete